First Time Investor's Quick Links:
Powerball - Kitco Pool Account - Coca Cola -
Precious Metals - Kmart - Kodak - Sears -
Turner Broadcasting - Walmart

Sunday, June 17, 2007

One Night Stand?

I just sold ten shares of my fave stock this morning to help pay for our new kitchen. While processing the on-line sale, two of the selections for payment included "check," and "overnight" (for a $20 extra fee.)

I have the luxury of waiting for the check, plus I didn't want to reduce my gain, so I selected "check." After the transaction, I saw this disclaimer:

If you have elected an overnight check, it will be mailed 3 business days from the trade date for delivery the following business day.

Can someone please tell me how mailing a check three days after a transaction qualifies as an overnight delivery??
.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's your favorite stock?

Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:55:00 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

Well, you might think it would be TBS given that an $1800 investment was worth thirteen grand at one point for me. But since the question is which stock I favor above all, that would have to be Berkshire Hathaway (symbol BRKA on the New York Stock exchange.) This stock has never split since its inception, and is currently worth over a hundred grand per share. Wow, to have gotten in early on THAT deal.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible! I thought you'd say Berkshire, but I had BRKB in mind.

I'm liking Berkshire from afar for now :)

Sunday, June 17, 2007 11:20:00 PM  
Blogger C... said...

Businesses have a way of getting around all the rules.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home